Forestry Management Made Easy
Data collection in forestry applications presents a unique set of challenges. From ever-changing environmental conditions to crews and equipment operating in remote locations, the industry requires technology that can keep up. Forest managers need a cost-effective solution that can place important data in the hands of users, both in and out of the field.
Gather Data Remotely
MapItFast from AgTerra is intuitive, interactive and spatially aware. It is the solution that gives forestry professionals the ability to map and fill records electronically, then sync the data to a single database for additional analysis and sharing. MapItFast takes advantage of the integrated GPS and connectivity in low-cost cell phones and tablets, yet it works in the most remote areas where a connection may not be available. Take maps and data anywhere with the ability to upload custom basemaps and layersets for offline data collection in any location.
Map infested tree locations and document control measures taken to mitigate pests like the pine beetle and European Ash Borer.
Record Firewise efforts such as defensible space, fuel mitigation and the improvement of forest health activities in the wildland urban interface.
Forest Health and Restoration
Gather transect and inventory data to monitor forest, rangeland, watershed and water quality, or invasive species.
Collect point, line, area and geophotos for incident management plans, monitoring, emergency resource management and mapping.
Recreation and Trails
Manage recreational sites by recording campsite use and trail conditions.
Keep track of tree inventory and condition, removals, plantings and nursery management.
Flexible to Meet Your Needs
AgTerra’s products are designed to be flexible and scalable. All forms and reports may be customized to meet the unique requirements of a business or organization. AgTerra provides one-on-one assistance with custom forms, PDF reports and detailed summary reports that further empower data analysis capabilities by compiling records and identifying trends. A free REST API is available for high end users who require integration with pre-existing systems.
MapItFast is particularly useful in forestry operations because it has the features needed to improve data collection accuracy, it can cut down timelines for sharing field data and the application can be tailored to any changes in your existing enterprise. The following features are commonly used in deployments with our forestry customers:
- One tap GPS based mapping or drawing for points, lines, areas and geophotos. GPS coordinates, distance and area are automatically provided.
- No data connection required for use in the field.
- Data dictionaries for map objects make it easy to add points, lines and polygons with custom, pre-defined icons, colors and names.
- Multiple forms may be attached to a map object, making it easy to compile historical data on a single object.
- Synchronization engine enables automatic sharing of maps and data among multiple users within the same project.
- Centrally-administered project data and an advanced user permissions system keep data private.
- Tools for searching, editing, buffering, data dictionaries, exporting and more
- Provides single user and group access and permission controls
- Synchronizes every project in real-time to keep everyone current
- Online or offline basemap capability to view large custom basemaps such as detailed aerial and topo maps with landownership property lines.
- Delivers email reporting capability from the site.
- Data integration tools for importing/exporting any data into and from any other GIS and third party database systems.
- Ability to create printable PDF reports customized with color-coded map objects, photos, drawings, signatures, business logo and more that can be e-mailed directly from the device.
Improve accountability and productivity in your operations while making jobs easier and faster. Personnel can get more done in less time by simply tapping on the map and filling out a form. Communications are improved and efficiency is increased. Immediate access to data from the field puts information at your fingertips and gives users the ability to make informed decisions quickly. Eliminate time spent interpreting paper maps, deciphering handwriting or locating missing forms. MapItFast puts everything in one place and keeps everyone on the same page.
Tailored to Your Needs
Depending on business requirements, MapItFast may be further enhanced with AgTerra’s add-on modules such as SprayLogger for highly detailed herbicide application tracking and reporting and TrackItFast for fleet management and asset tracking. For the enterprise, AgTerra offers customized software development tailored to vegetation management.
Contact AgTerra TODAY to learn how
our solutions will make your business better.
For well over a decade AgTerra has enabled natural resource professionals to simplify data collection and reporting while delivering greater value to their customers. How can we help you? Contact us today for a FREE demo and let us help you learn how easy and affordable our technology can be for your workforce and operations.